- Great Article on Melanoma and the truth about sun exposure. Including the fact that using sunscreen HARMS us.
"A common myth is that occasional exposure of your face and hands to sunlight is "sufficient" for vitamin D nutrition. For most of us, this is an absolutely inadequate exposure to move vitamin D levels to the healthy range. Further, if you use sunscreen, you will block your body's ability to produce vitamin D!
And, contrary to popular belief, the best time to be in the sun for vitamin D production is actually as near to solar noon as possible which is 1 PM in the summer for most (due to Daylight Saving Time).. The more damaging UVA rays are quite constant during ALL hours of daylight, throughout the entire year -- unlike UVB, which are low in morning and evening and high at midday.
When using the sun to maximize your vitamin D production and minimize your risk of malignant melanoma, the middle of the day (roughly between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.) is the best and safest time. During this time you need the shortest exposure time to produce vitamin D because UVB rays are most intense at this time. Plus, when the sun goes down toward the horizon, the UVB is filtered out much more than the dangerous UVA."
- Fantastic Posts from Food Renegade about Pork - I am just beginning to learn about this.
- Important and simple post about toxins in our everyday lives. Includes things to remove and steps to take to move towards a less toxic lifestyle. There are so many toxins that are found in placentas and in babies' umbilical cord blood that is so scary. Start now and remove these things!!
- And maybe my most favorite post of the week...because it's so true. And no one 'has it all together'. You should see my kitchen, our study, and my desk right now... :-)
- Love this post about toys. We are continually working towards simplifying our toy collection and making sure the toys we have are truly good to have for play and imagination.
- Love this post about things including the Wise Traditions conference that I so wanted to go to. I see these pictures and feel like I would have just looooved being there and eating all that amazing food and learning so much!
- Vaccine movie from both sides. I want to see this. I am not anti-vaccine, and I believe most parents who do not follow the recommended vaccine schedules are also not anti-vaccine. I am pro-SAFE vaccines and only for truly necessary diseases, not 'give my child a vaccine for anything and everything that could possibly give them a fever. Have you looked at how many vaccines are 'recommended' to pour into an INFANT's body in the first year of life?! Their bodies can NOT handle this. And it is not necessary. We need to take responsibility for our children and learn how to properly take care of sicknesses - foods, herbs, natural remedies, etc. to support our children's bodies when they get sick so their immune systems fight and gain strength. Okay, I'm gonna stop now...