I really desire for all these recipes to be so enjoyable to us that we could recommend them to anyone - not just someone on a specific diet. Even the recipes in the early stages of GAPS listed below are things we have really enjoyed. So don't be scared to try them! I make notes with all these recipes about how we enjoyed them, and I will be VERY up front if it is a recipe we liked but aren't sure others not on GAPS would.
So, don't be scared. Eating GAPS (especially full GAPS) is very satisfying, very nourishing, and very yummy. :-) Full GAPS is less restrictive even than eating Paleo/primal style, so again, don't be scared!
I will continually be updating it as I post new recipes or find recipes on others' sites that are good for GAPS and that our family enjoyed. Hopefully this can help if you are entering the GAPS or Paleo world!
Stage 1 Intro
- Carrot Soup (leave out coriander for stage 1 and substitute appropriate fats)
- Butternut Squash Soup (at very bottom of post)
- Creamy Cauliflower Meatball Soup
- Spaghetti Soup (at very bottom...leave out herbs for this stage)
- Hamburger Soup (leave out herbs)
- Chicken "Noodle" Soup
- NEW! All my Stage 1 Food Ideas and Recipes!
- Chicken Broth Process and Method (and making large batches of both meat and bone broth!)
- Rendering Lard (and Tallow is same method)
Stage 2 Intro
- Stewed/Roasted Chicken with Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Tomatoes
- Stewed/Roasted Chicken with Carrots and Ginger (and possibly butternut squash)
- Spaghetti Soup (include herbs this stage! at very bottom of post)
- Hamburger Soup (use herbs this time!)
- Chicken Cilantro Soup (about halfway down the post...cilantro makes a WORLD of difference in a soup)
- New Chicken Cilantro Soup Detailed Recipe
- Mexican Chicken and Cauliflower Soup (this is so good, and it is amazing what a squeeze of lemon juice in a soup like this will do! Also, any soup with cilantro in it is so good with a little of your homemade yogurt in it!)
- Egg Drop Soup (leave out celery until well tolerated and sesame oil until appropriate)
- Hard Boiled Eggs (we did this at the end of stage 2 before moving into stage 3 with scrambled eggs. you can also lessen the time a little to make soft boiled eggs earlier in Stage 2)
- NEW! All my Stage 2 food ideas, guide, and recipes (including beef casserole and squash bars as well as sauce and gravy ideas to help with eating boiled meats only)
Stage 3 Intro
- Pork Carnitas
- Chicken Enchiladas (Use sauce with any meat)
- Butternut Squash Fries
- Cauliflower Rice (leave out celery until well tolerated)
- Breakfast Sausage (can cook gently in pan, brown crumbled in broth/water, or gently boil)
- Zucchini Fritters (omit flour and cook gently with plenty of ghee or animal fat)
- Eggs in a Nest
- Taco Soup (leave out celery until well tolerated)
- Chicken Enchilada Soup (see recipe for Stage 3 modifications)
- Homemade GAPS friendly Ketchup (we use an organic mustard made with ACV instead of dry mustard)
- Broccoli Soup (omit butter if not appropriate for you yet)
- Baked Salmon with Lemon Butter Cilantro Sauce (you can probably do this on earlier stages if you just gently bake salmon, or you could try boiling it gently, flaking salmon apart and pouring sauce on top)
- The stewed chicken recipes in Stage 2, just try roasting or pan-browning the chicken for this stage.
- Meatloaf (we omitted chili flakes and Worcestershire sauce...used their simple ketchup recipe)
- Anything above! And add any ingredients that weren't included in the stages - like celery, raw cheese, spices...of course, as tolerated.
Desserts (Full GAPS)
- Baked Custard - Take 1 and Take 2 (overall we prefer take 1 as it is a little more rich, but we love both!)
- Chocolate Cake with Orange Ganache Icing and Chocolate buttercream frosting
- Chocolate Cake (use honey instead of agave nectar and coconut oil and/or butter instead of grapeseed oil, and I added more cocoa powder...Dr NCM says it can be used (find question about cocoa)! I also do not use her icing recipe, I use the one below.)
- Chocolate Ganache-type Icing!
- Carrot Cake made with almond flour (same substitutions as chocolate cake above and I used a little more cinnamon) I also did not use her icing recipe, I used the one below.
- Cream Cheese Icing (you can use your own homemade yogurt cream cheese!) You could probably lessen the honey, especially if you aren't making it for a non-GAPS crowd.
- Banana Bread/Cake (same substitutions as other cakes above) We love this just with lots of butter (when able to eat)! I also added an extra banana and it was very moist and SO GOOD.
- Cinnamon Nut Cookies (at bottom of post)
- Cinnamon Butter Truffles (at bottom)
- Chocolate Cookies (working to make these better but we still enjoyed them)