Monday, September 26, 2011

Meal Plan! Beginning...{Plan It - Don't Panic}

I am excited to begin a little meal planning challenge with one of my most favorite websites "Keeper of the Home".  It's called "Plan It - Don't Panic" and it's for 6 weeks.  I will be sharing my meal plan for the week every Monday.  All of my plans *should* be GAPS friendly (I say should just in case I make a mistake on allowable foods) and therefore mostly Paleo/Primal friendly as well.

We are doing full GAPS right now, but there is still a lot we don't do.  We are focusing on trying to still have many soups (that we love, of course!) to get that healing broth in us.  
(spaghetti soup)

I am excited about this because I need some accountability and motivation to do the work it takes to plan out our meals.  I know that this will help our family, our budget, and our desire to stick to eating what we know is nourishing, healing, and life-promoting.  I plan our meals as I look at what each day of the week holds, knowing that some days need meals that are ready way before dinner, or meals that are in 1 pot for easy clean up and quick eating, or leftovers so that we can enjoy rest from the intense work that is often required in the kitchen.

So here goes!  I will be sharing some recipes throughout the week from the meal plan (assuming they are hubby and kid-approved!).


Menu:
Monday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Squash Fries
Lunch:  banana, yogurt, and coconut oil smoothies, leftover chicken and zucchini noodle soup
Tuesday
Breakfast: Egg ‘Nest’ Muffins with Sausage (freeze leftovers for Thursday)
Lunch: leftovers or canned salmon with lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and butter sauce
Dinner: Shredded Beef (frozen) or chicken, fajita style, with sauteed onions, riced cauliflower, with steamed cabbage leaves for wraps, simple green beans in chicken broth ‘soup’

Wednesday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs and Chicken broth boiled veggies
Lunch: leftovers
Dinner: Italian seasoned veggies (Italian seasoning, parsley, lemon) with chicken, tomato soup (chicken broth, tomato puree base), and steamed broccoli

Thursday
Breakfast: leftover egg nest muffins!
Lunch: Leftovers!
Dinner: Hamburger Soup and Salad (simple lettuce and cucumbers and olive oil ACV dressing)

Friday
Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs with SK and boiled veggies
Lunch: one of the soups made for the weekend (Friday I am throwing together a couple big pots of soup for the weekend - Spaghetti Soup made with spaghetti squash and Chicken Cilantro Soup - with veggies and meats that I have prepped earlier in the week)
Dinner: Meatballs over spaghetti squash, salad

Saturday
Breakfast: Breakfast Casserole
Lunch: one of the soups/leftovers
Dinner:  Baked Salmon with lemon butter cilantro sauce, vegetable soup, salad and steamed broccoli

Sunday (sabbath...I am trying to plan to keep this day as cooking-free as possible!)
Breakfast: leftover casserole
Lunch: already made soup
Dinner: Crockpot roasted chicken with veggie soup and squashbake (with more cinnamon and nutmeg) (or other soups if enough leftovers)

I also have another planning sheet where I have listed how I am dividing my prep work for veggies, meats, broths, and extras up during the week.  Maybe I can share that another day...if I am able to keep up with all of it :-).  Guess I should leave the computer and get to work...  ;-)  

2 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from the Keeper of the Home blog hop.

    Your spaghetti soup look delicious. I found your recipe on a previous post... I'm going to make that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. kristin, I so hope you enjoy it! It really is an easy soup to adjust to your liking! Hope your week goes well!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly