Monday, October 17, 2011

Meal Plan! Week 4 {Plan It - Don't Panic}

Roasted Okra...
This was a huge hit in my eating world last week...had to share that this is up there with roasted cauliflower and squash fries for me!!  (All I did was cut the okra, put in a baking dish, put a little butter or ghee in there, throw on some salt, mix it together and roast at about 375-425 (whatever your heart desires) until it gets to your preferred 'doneness', stirring every now and then.  I honestly have no idea how long it took...20-30 minutes probably depending on temp)

A big thanks to my sweet hubby for providing the time to actually plan out this week...how does any mom do this when kids are around?!

And now we take a break to bring you a message from our 3 year old who wanted to help me type and chose to type the following..."love the lord".  Sweet boy.

Okay, back to food.  This is a different week than 'normal' (what really is normal, anyway?!) as we have some different plans for the weekend - so I need to have all weekend food cooked and ready to eat before Friday.  We'll see how this goes...

SOOO there's a lot of food to be made this week in a short amount of time.  Will it get done?  I don't know...but by the strength and grace of the Lord, I pray it will!

My meal plan for last week apparently was just too much food, as I didn't even make more than half of the dinner recipes!  That means I have a few things leftover in my plan to put into this week.  So here we go...

Monday: 
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: Carrot Soup, yogurt, Salad
Dinner: Most likely out, where we will just eat meat and vegetables (and I am becoming the crazy person who brings our own butter, salad dressing, and raw honey with me...I am even known to bring a bottle of kombucha with me...sigh)


Food Prep: hard boil eggs for lunches/snacks, make chicken salad (experiment), finish giant pot of chicken bone broth, chop/shred zucchini and squash for meals, dehydrate some for snacking, make summer squash soup, Tom Kha Gai soup


Tuesday: 
Breakfast: Scrambled or fried eggs with Summer Squash soup
Lunch: Paleo Chicken Noodle Soup 
Dinner: Smoky Pot Roast with carrots and onions (Crock Pot AM)


Food Prep: prep all veggies for week - chop onions, spinach, celery, butternut squash for 'fries', peel and cut/slice carrots, wash and separate cauliflower, dice turnips...bake butternut squash...throw together butternut squash and mushroom soups...boil chicken/hindquarters for meat and meat broth, process broth (I am crazy...let's see how this actually goes...)


Wednesday: 
Breakfast: Breakfast Sausage sticks with sauteed spinach and butternut squash soup
Lunch: Leftovers (i love that word...)
Dinner: Steaks (in cast iron pan) with mushroom onion sauce, spaghetti squash, and veggies/salad


Food Prep: make breakfast sausage - sticks and crumbled for casserole (early AM), Roasted Chicken with Carrots and zucchini in Dutch Oven (AM - this is to have for the weekend), Garlic Stew in Crock Pot (AM - also for weekend), breakfast casserole with browned sausage (again, weekend), big pot of taco soup (if there's time HAHA)


Thursday: 
Breakfast: scrambled eggs with leftover sausage
Lunch: Leftovers - over salad for adults, with veggies for baby, coconut flour bread french toast for 3 yr old (boys are both at MDO that day, so I send something I know the 3 yr old will actually eat, even if it's not on my most ideal list - but it is all still GAPS legal)
Dinner: Baked Salmon with veggies and a side soup like mushroom soup or squash soup


Food Prep: hopefully nothing besides that day's needs!!  If needed, I will finish up anything really necessary leftover from plans the 2 days before, but I really hope to work hard and work early in the mornings before the boys get up to accomplish all this.


Friday: 
Breakfast: Eggs in Nests and side soup
Lunch: leftover salmon over salad, with soup or veggies for boys
Dinner: Previously cooked meals!


Weekend:
Breakfast Casserole previously made, roasted chicken and stew previously made, leftover soups from the week, supplemented with homemade yogurt, canned salmon if needed, hard boiled eggs.


Well, Considering it is Monday afternoon and I haven't started what I have planned for today, I might have to adjust my plans...but we'll see :-).  I tend to overplan as far as how much food and also how much I can get done.  We'll see... :-)


And soon I will be posting lots (hopefully...) on why you would want to do the GAPS diet and how to prepare for getting started (which is also helpful if you just want to implement a few things in to your life for healing and nourishment!).  Excited for what this week holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly