Monday, October 24, 2011

Meal Plan! Week 5 {Plan It - Don't Panic}

I am loving doing this.  It is helping so much with my peace of mind, preparation, and order during the week.  I also plan on starting to do monthly planning starting in November, so having these weeks of plans on the blog will make it much easier to organize a big plan like that.  I am sad about one thing, though...haven't been able to get to the farmer's market in more than 2 weeks, so I'm missing my usual great big stash of veggies like this...sigh...
First, update on last week - last week I made a huge plan that involved a lot of work early on in the week because sweet hubby and I were going out of town for the weekend.  It actually went well!  I accomplished almost everything on my lists, although a few things were a day or two later than planned.  But we had plenty of food left for the weekend to where there was no cooking needed, and we even have had leftovers through today!  So yay!  It was worth it and I am going to try and start doing a crockpot meal once or twice a week that is not the meal of the day - that way I can save it for the weekend when I want to be doing more with family, doing projects around the house or outside, seeing friends and family away from the house, and just having more time of rest.

So here's the week's plan!  I have a recipe that wasn't made last week because we had plenty of food, so that's at least 1 meal I didn't have to think about :-).

Monday: We had leftover breakfast and food for both lunch and dinner!  Yay!

Breakfasts for the week: scrambled or fried eggs, bacon, breakfast sausage, smoothies, veggie soups (below) to drink

Lunches for the week:   Chicken Salad (chicken, cucumber, tomato with salad dressing - italian one with salt instead of parmesan cheese), leftovers, pizza (sub raw cheddar cheese for mozzarella), egg flower soup, veggie soups (below) and yogurt

Dinners for the week: 
Tuesday:
*Meatball Soup
     On Side: Salad, Mashed Cauliflower

Wednesday: 
Pork Loin and Butternut Squash Stew
     On Side: Steamed Broccoli

Thursday: 
*Taco Soup 
     On Side: Avocados

Friday:

Baked Salmon
     On Side: cucumber salad, butternut squash 'fries'


Saturday: 
Salmon Patties and maybe stir fry cabbage (sub some ingredients for GAPS) (lunch) and Roasted Chicken (dinner - Already cooked and in the freezer) with...On Side: Carrot Soup, Green beans in Bacon Grease

Sunday:
*Chicken Enchilada Soup (in crock pot)
     On Side: Avocados

Non-Meal Soups to make to go with meals and lunches: 
Carrot Soup
*Pea Soup
More Summer Squash Soup


Some of these recipes (ones with '*' next to it) are going to be 'made up' or adapted recipes, and I will share their success later in the week.  I think it's also hilarious how every week I plan our meals, the blog post looks totally different.  It varies with what is going on in life at the time of the post and what our week is looking like.  Fun, huh?  Well, that was random and uninteresting.  More random: time to go outside with the family and plant some seeds in the garden!  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print Friendly